Thursday, August 11, 2011

3-Cups Chicken & Stir Fried Brocollini for Dinner

Tuesday was another night where I have to prepare the dinner again. Looking through the recipe book and websites, I had come to a decision to cook 3-cups chicken with the 2 boneless thighs that I had bought earlier.

This dish suppose to be cooked using a claypot, but I used only an ordinary cooking pot to cook it. This dish turns out to taste a little like a hokkien dish called "muar eu kay" which literrally means sesame oil chicken. Before cooking the chicken, I marinated the chicken with some baking soda powder for 10 minutes before cooking to keep the chicken meat soft, tender and smooth.


Meanwhile, the vegetables for the dinner was brocollini. Instead of just steaming it, I stir fried it with some dry scallops.


And at the same time, I also prepared "tong sui" (sweet chinese dessert) for after dinner. I prepared a "lor han quo 罗汉果" (also known as Buddha's fruit/ monk fruit) with dried longan and snow fungus.


Deep fried red kumara was a thing that my partner had prepared to go with the dessert.


It turns out to be a very full and satisfying dinner to myself and my partner.

Lor Han Quo, Dried Longan and Snow Fungus Sweet Dessert Recipe
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
1 pcs of lor han quo 罗汉果
1 pcs of dried snow fungus
2 handful of dried longan
4 pcs of dried honey dates
About 1 litres of water
6 teaspoons of dark molasses sugar

Method:
1. Boil the water.
2. Wash the lor han quo and crush it. Then put the whole fruit (with the skin on) into the boiling water.
3. Also add in the dried longan and boil for about 30 minutes.
4. Then add in the dark molasses sugar and boil for about 10 minutes.
5. Rinse through the snow fungus and remove the core of the fungus. Cut it into bite pieces.
6. Lastly add in the snow fungus and boil for another 10 minutes and it is ready to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment