My partner helped me with the baking. It took us about an hour to get everything done. By the time it is done, it's already about 8pm. Everything turns out to be great. Before that, my partner keep teasing me to just buy the shortcrust pastry and pineapple jam since it is widely available here. But I kept insisting to make everything by myself as I believe it will taste better and also I can make it to my liking.
Pineapple Tarts Recipe
+-1.2 kilograms whole pineapples (without skin on)
+-150 grams rock sugars
1/2 lemon juice
1. Remove the core of the pineapple and grate coarsely.
2. Cook the grated pineapple with the pineapple juice in a pan.
3. Add in the cloves and rock sugar into the pan. You can adjust the amount of sugar as according to your sweetness liking.
4. Cook the grated pineapple until it is almost dry. Constantly stirring until the mixture is dry over low heat.
5. Add in the lemon juice and continuing stirring the mixtures until it is dry. Then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
150 grams plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon corn flour
100 grams butter
1 1/2 icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celcius.
2. Sieve plain flour, corn flour, salt and icing sugar into the mixing bowl.
3. Rub in the butter into the mixture until it looks like bread crumbs.
4. Then add in the egg yolk into the mixtures to form a dough.
5. Roll pastry into about 0.7cm thickness and stamp out with a cutter. Press about 0.25 deep in the centre of the pastry.
6. Add in about a teaspoon of pineapple jam.
7. Lastly you can decorate the tart with two strips of pastry placed to make a cross on the top.
8. Bake in a preheat oven at 180 degree Celcius for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.