Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mee Hun Kueh

During my stayed in Auckland, my friend and family organized a roast dinner to welcome me. I actually helped out by preparing one of the lunch, chinese-malaysian style, which we called "mee hun kueh" in hokkien dialect.

This is a very easy dish to prepare and yet it's so yummy. It's one of my all time favourite food. The only difficult part is when preparing the dough.

My friend's mum helped to boiled the soup. The main ingredient for the soup is anchovies. Washing the anchovies, and filled up the pot with water. Let the soup being boiled for about 30 minutes, then remove all the anchovies from the soup.

While boiling the soup, I prepared the dough. I was preparing for about 4 - 6 person's lunch and I used about 250gm of flour, an egg, a pinch of salt and some olive oil for the dough. Once done, the dough are being rest in the fridge for about 15 - 20 minutes.

Then it's already time for lunch, and I took the dough out from fridge and cut the dough into 6 even pieces. Then I set the soup to boil again, before tearing the dough into pieces to be cooked. I also added "choy sum" half way through the cooking. Once I'm done with tearing the dough, I also added some preserve mustard (tong chai) and some fried shallot into the soup and let it boiled.

Lastly served it on a bowl and ta da... Mee Hun Kueh is ready!!

Mee Hun Kueh

No comments:

Post a Comment