Friday, March 18, 2011

Euro Restaurant & Bar

Last Wednesday after attending an cigar event in Barabra Cafe, I was feeling a little hungry as I had an early dinner. My partner suggested to have dessert and a drink before going home. And, since we were already at the Princess Wharf, we decided to pop by Euro Restaurant & Bar for the dessert. But before that, we checked out the dessert menu to see anything interest us or not.

I am a fan of chocolate, therefore the warm chocolate pudding caught my attention. Besides, the dark chocolate pudding that I had previously from Jervois Steak House & Saloon kept me tempted again. Both Euro Restaurant & Bar and Jervois Steak House & Saloon  is owned by Simon Gault, whom is also one of the current Masterchef New Zealand judge. Therefore, without much hesitation, I decided to have warm chocolate pudding served with fig and manuka honey ice cream as my dessert for that night.


Watching the Masterchef New Zealand recently taught me that the warm chocolate pudding must be properly baked, i.e: when the pudding are being cut, the chocolate should be spilling out from the pudding. And of course this chocolate pudding did have chocolate spilling out after being cut. It's so yummy!

As for my partner, he ordered a mango floating island served with Dilmah rose and vanilla surprise. The presentation of this dessert was very attractive. The texture of this dessert was very light and fluffy.


Of the two desserts, I personally prefer the warm chocolate pudding than the mango floating island.

This was our first time trying out Euro Restaurant & Bar, and we will be back again one day for other things. Perhaps be tomorrow!

Euro Restaurant & Bar
Shed 22, Princess Wharf,
Auckland

No comments:

Post a Comment